Jewish Funeral Homes (NYC)
This section contains a list of funeral homes in New York City that observe Jewish traditions.
- Plaza Jewish Community Chapel
- Riverside Memorial Chapel
- Gutterman Funeral Home
- Boulevard-Riverside-Hewlett Chapel
- Sherman’s Flatbush Memorial Chapel
- Sinai Chapels
- Beth Abraham Memorial Chapel
- Greenwich Village Funeral Home
- Crestwood Cremation and Funeral Services
A Jewish burial aid organization can help even the most impoverished to have a dignified and sanctified burial. In New York, the Hebrew Free Burial Association provides these services and has resources available in English and Russian.
Some Jewish families elect to involve a Chevra Kadisha (Jewish communal burial society) in preparing the deceased for burial. Two of the most highly utilized and respected chevras in the local area are Vaad Harabonim of Queens and Chesed Shel Emes.
When the Phone Rings… FAQs for Funeral Homes
When someone calls a funeral home for information, families are often already in the midst of a crisis. Take a look at these Frequently Asked Questions for Funeral Homes.